Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 11
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 5791
  • stats Total Posts: 18673
  • stats Total Topics: 2666
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 16
  • stats Most Online: 157

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Center Console removal  (Read 2528 times)

Pac_Man

• Test Driver
Center Console removal
« on: December 10, 2004, 01:26:08 PM »

My wife had her driver license and a couple credit cards in the front cup holders and when she opened it up they followed the door and went into the slot where the cup door goes.  While I can see there are 4 screws inside under the storage lid and 2 under the rubber in the cup holder, what else needs to done to remove the top section of the console from the shift knob back to the storage lid so that I can retrieve the cards?
Thanks for any help with this, as I don't feel I should burden a dealer with what should be a fairly simple job.  Plus, it's our only car and we both need it to get around daily.

DSMLVR

• Moderators
  • Daily Commuter
  • Oblivion
Re: Center Console removal
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 02:30:08 PM »

Go to:

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/d97469f6_m41908e46/bc/Pacifica/Pacifica+Front+Floor+Console.doc?BC.bguBBDRLCKprL

"Pacifica Front Floor Console" is the file that you want to see. If it does not take you directly to the file, then there are 18 files on the page and it should be the last one.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 02:31:25 PM by DSMLVR »
ME:
2004 AWD Brilliant Black Pacifica
TRY IT , YOU'LL LIKE IT !!! 
Pacifica, the vehicle EVERYONE wants and they realize it when they see it, sit in it, and drive it.
 I love my Pacifica.
WIFE:
2010 GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO - Silver

Pac_Man

• Test Driver
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 03:16:34 PM »

Unfortunately, I am getting a "page cannot be displayed" error message when I click on the supplied link.  Is there anything after "bguBBDRLCKprL " that should be there, but didn't show when you pasted the link?
Thanks!

DSMLVR

• Moderators
  • Daily Commuter
  • Oblivion
ME:
Pacifica, the vehicle EVERYONE wants and they realize it when they see it, sit in it, and drive it.
 I love my Pacifica.
WIFE:

Pac_Man

• Test Driver
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 12:08:15 PM »

Sorry, thanks for trying again.  The link won't work for me, and I tried it from another PC that I set the IE browser's tools/internet options/security to low security, as well as a trusted site, and they both gave me the same "page cannot be displayed" error.
Oh well, I'll bring it to  a dealer next week.

elipac

• Driving Enthusiast
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 03:31:58 PM »

It doesn't work for me either.

DSMLVR

• Moderators
  • Daily Commuter
  • Oblivion
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 04:29:48 PM by DSMLVR »
ME:
 I love my Pacifica.
WIFE:

Pac_Man

• Test Driver
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 07:47:26 AM »

Got it!  Thank you for not giving up on me!  I'm going to try and do this today, and will let you know if there were any catches to to the process.

DSMLVR

• Moderators
  • Daily Commuter
  • Oblivion
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 02:09:34 PM »

Glad you got the info. I hope it is what you needed.

Definitely keep us posted on your progress.  I know I have dropped a few things down Between the seat and the console and there is not much space to get into there.
ME:
 I love my Pacifica.
WIFE:

Pac_Man

• Test Driver
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2004, 11:32:10 PM »

I guess I need one more page.
The first step  says to refer to 23 - BODY/INTERIOR/SHIFT BEZEL - REMOVAL, which must be another section.  It's when there are no obvious ways to take off body trim that you end up snapping an important clip or something and I hope not to do that.  Hey, I might even if I have the instructions!

Yeah, you'd wish that since stuff does slip between the seat and console that they'd give you room to get at least an average size hand down in between to retrieve appropriately, as it's even hard to get thin items from behind and underneath.  Now look where my wife's cards went, and imagine trying to find a safe way to get it out without your help.
Thanks again.

Pac_Man

• Test Driver
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2004, 02:07:55 PM »

I have a couple of pictures of this if you want.  Here's a quick version of how to retrieve something that slips under the drink lid.

Remove the shift knob using a 3/32" allen wrench on a set screw facing forward of the vehicle.  Remove two screws under rubber drink holder, and 4 screws under console lid.  Remove 2 screws on each lower console sides (they're separate panels and you need to move the seats fully forward to remove rear ones).  Remove the shift bezel.  I did this by using a thin putty knife easing it in from the front side and lifting slightly:  it actually gives easily, but then pull up as there are 2 clips on each side and they'll have a bit of resistance, but not much.  Lift up the plastic console housing that has the little covered storage, then pull backwards and up a little under it so you can get to two screws right under where the housing and the drink/console shell meet.  You should not have to unplug the traction switch or fully remove the housing.  Now you can lift up the drink/console shell by starting at the console area, then up and back motion.  The drivers license and credit cards were WAY down in there, directly below the cup holder.  Put it back in reverse of the above directions.  About a 25 minute job the first time, maybe 10 if it happens again!

DSMLVR

• Moderators
  • Daily Commuter
  • Oblivion
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 07:36:14 PM »

Thanks for the write up.  Glad you got the cards out.
ME:
 I love my Pacifica.
WIFE:

lightingdesigner

• Driving Enthusiast
  • Brilliant Silver & Inferno Red Pacificas! Yes, 2!!
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2004, 06:56:55 AM »

Bravo on the retrival and great information to the other owners out there because I have lost a few coin as well because of that great disappearing act!!!! ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Google Ads

Quarter
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal