Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Who's Online

Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 5838
  • stats Total Posts: 18869
  • stats Total Topics: 2694
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 16
  • stats Most Online: 157

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: How to: Changing Spark Plugs 2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring  (Read 39223 times)

Jhuerto23

• Grand Tourer
How to: Changing Spark Plugs 2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring
« on: December 02, 2009, 02:41:03 PM »

Update 12/13/2009 I have decided to change my own spark plugs on my 2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring after finding out a local auto shop was planing to charge me $300 plus to get the work done. I will do my best to describe how I was able to replace my spark plugs clearly. If something doesn't seem clear to you please post here and I will do my best to answer your question. Here we go before I start I must say I am not a mechanic in anyway but I do have some experience in automobiles just not in GM cars. Anyway lets get started.

The tools and parts you will need.

1. Remove the plastic cover by pulling it straight up. There is no screws or bolts holding it down.

2. Go along the side of your intake manifold and unplug any plugs and hoses you see that is connected to the intake manifold. You should be unplugging atleast 6-7 plugs and 3 hoses. There will be atleast two plugs located on the right side of the manifold that will need pliers to remove the rivets.
Rivet pic1.

Rivet pic2.

3. Take your 10mm or 12mm deep socket and remove 7 bolts from the top of your intake manifold. The far right yellow ciricle indicates a plug that needs to be removed not a bolt.

4. Take your 8mm socket and deep socket and unbolt 7 bolts. You will remove 6 at the front and 2 at the back.
fronts pic1:

fronts pic2:

front pic3 (the bolt is right by the dipstick):

back after removing the two bolts be sure you keep the rubber washer. you do not want to lose it:

5. Take your 10mm or 12mm deep socket and remove one bolt thats attached to your dizzy.

6. Take your 10mm deep socket and remove two bolts that hold your throttle body cable down, go ahead and also loosen up the screw on that clamp that holds your intake box hose to your throttle body together.

7. At this step you should have removed all the nuts and bolts that hold the intake manifold down and have unplugged all hoses and plugs as well. Go around your intake manifold one more time to make sure everything has been removed, after checking again then you can slowly remove the intake manifold by slowly lifting it straight up and pulling it towards the front of the car, also the throttle cable must be detached from the manifold before pulling the manifold off.

8. Congrats you DID it!

9. Now you're ready to replace all 6 of your spark plugs!

10. The way I put everything back was. I plugged all plugs and hoses back in first and put the smallest bolts in first to biggest just to make sure everything lineds up. It took me about 1 1/2hrs to complete this job

My gas pedal has been sticking really bad so I took this time to go ahead and clean my throttle body. All it took was 3 bolts and it came right off the manifold.

Before cleaning:

after cleaning (it feels smooooooth now):

Any questions e-mai me @ [email protected] or post it here.

Old Post
Hi all you Pacifica owners. I have A 2006 Pacifica and has almost 100k miles on it I would really like to change the spark plugs myself but I am having trouble finding DIY on it. If anybody can tell me how to replace the plugs I would greatly appreciate and I would even do a DIY on it with pictures. I'm no ready to pay $330 to have a local shop do the job. Thanks in advance. I just need help getting the three touh ones out thanks.

Jeff
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 11:33:34 PM by Jhuerto23 »
HELLASTOCK 2006 White Infiniti M45

DIY Spark Plugs 06 Pacifica - http://www.pacificaworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=2055.0

kkodal78

• Daily Commuter
  • KKODAL
Re: Changing spark plugs
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 05:59:11 PM »

i think i posted something about how to change the spark plugs somewhere here.can't remember where though.if you search my posts you might be able to find it.
96 BMW 540i +97 BMW 540i +2002 Mercedes Benz A170 CDI
KKodal...saluting everyone!!!
proudly serving in the USAF
at RAF Lakenheath AB, UK

Jhuerto23

• Grand Tourer
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 10:07:39 PM »

i think i posted something about how to change the spark plugs somewhere here.can't remember where though.if you search my posts you might be able to find it.
I think I have found it.. I will give this a shot this weekend or the next before we take off on our Xmas long drive trip. I will do a DIY with pictures. Stay tuned!

- Jeff

DIY Spark Plugs 06 Pacifica - http://www.pacificaworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=2055.0

Jhuerto23

• Grand Tourer
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 10:38:20 PM »

Quick question about your spark plugs install. Did you have to torque any of the screws you removed to put back? What type of spark plug did you buy?

sivitec

• Grand Tourer
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 12:36:01 AM »

Try to stick with OEM, that is NGK ZFR5LP-13G.

Please try to post some pics so that it would be properly documented here.  ;D

Thanks in advance.

Jhuerto23

• Grand Tourer
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 06:47:13 AM »

Thanks in advance.
thank you. I will be taking pictures of the process and maybe filming it also.

NickClew

• Daily Commuter
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 11:03:44 AM »

Quick question about your spark plugs install. Did you have to torque any of the screws you removed to put back? What type of spark plug did you buy?

Bosch platinum and I used +4's. As you have worked out already it is a bit of a trial getting at the front three so you might as well put in the best plugs you can buy. I did mine at 50k and have 80k on it now with no issues.

kkodal78

• Daily Commuter
  • KKODAL
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 04:28:44 PM »

i did not torque  them.just gut feeling to tighten them.i used the bosch +4 iridiums and very happy with them...it has been 16 months and no issues.
96 BMW 540i +97 BMW 540i +2002 Mercedes Benz A170 CDI
KKodal...saluting everyone!!!
proudly serving in the USAF
at RAF Lakenheath AB, UK

scottydl

• Global Moderator
  • Daily Commuter
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 07:45:39 AM »

Thanks in advance.

I would LOVE this kind of documentation and it would be a great addition to the forum.  When the weather warms here in the Spring, I plan on doing this project also.  I still have a slight but persistent rough idle that I can't pin to anything (no trouble codes) so I figured plugs are a good place to start.  My Pac has over 60k miles and I'm assuming the original plugs are still in there.

Jhuerto23

• Grand Tourer
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 10:52:15 PM »

Thanks in advance.

I would LOVE this kind of documentation and it would be a great addition to the forum.  When the weather warms here in the Spring, I plan on doing this project also.  I still have a slight but persistent rough idle that I can't pin to anything (no trouble codes) so I figured plugs are a good place to start.  My Pac has over 60k miles and I'm assuming the original plugs are still in there.

I had plans this past weekend so I wasn't able to change the spark plugs. I will be changing them this weekend for sure along with throttle body cleaning and oil change all with pictures...

scottydl

• Global Moderator
  • Daily Commuter
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 12:32:34 PM »

Lookin' forward to it, and good luck!  ;D  We should create a "Pacifica World" channel on Youtube where these kinds of maintenance videos (and other Pac videos from members) could be hosted. 

Jhuerto23

• Grand Tourer
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 03:26:56 AM »

I just finished changing the spark plugs and cleaning my throttle body.. I must say it's pretty damn easy if you have the tools and time. I'm from california and it's 2:25AM, I just showered and now i'm gonna get ready for work.. I will upload the pictures tonight after I edit them. Overall it took about 2 1/2 hrs to finish. Would of been faster but I kept dropping bolts in the engine bay and it took some praying to get them back. Anyway I will post up the pics on the first thread.

Dave49

• Daily Commuter
Re: How to: Changing Spark Plugs 2006 Chrysler Pacifica Touring
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2009, 11:59:38 AM »

WOW! 2.5 hours to do a job we used to do in 15 or 20 minutes. That's progress, I guess. LOL!

~Dave

mrfixit454

• Daily Commuter
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2009, 04:58:17 PM »

Jeff,
Thanks for the excellent write-up.  This is the kind of stuff we need on this forum as Scott says.  I never got to do this on my 04 and always wondered what the intake looked like off the car.  Great pictures.  How did the manifold seal back up?  Old seals re-usable?

Ramon
2004 Pacifica, Magnesium Pearl - SOLD :(
2005 Town and Country Limited
2006 Ram 2500 Megacab Turbo Diesel
2002 VW Jetta TDI

PJ Higgins

• SMF Administrator
  • Daily Commuter
  • 2005 Limited AWD <> Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
    • Pacifica World
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2009, 07:27:04 PM »

Great write-up. Thanks a lot for taking the time to document this procedure.

Motor on...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up

Google Ads

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal