Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Who's Online

Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 5839
  • stats Total Posts: 18870
  • stats Total Topics: 2694
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 16
  • stats Most Online: 157

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interior lights  (Read 2428 times)

PacLou

• Test Driver
Interior lights
« on: January 18, 2010, 04:29:58 PM »

Hi, new here,

I have a 2004, have been very happy with the car but I have a little electrical issue that I can use some help on.

Car had hail damage and was repaired with paintless dent repair.  During the process they had to take down the headliner.  After I got the car back the lights on the console don't come on with the stalk switch (the back ones do) or when you push them on. They do work when you open the doors.  At the same time the visor lights went out so I'm thinking that there is a power connector up there that was not connected before putting the headliner back.  Body shop took it to Chrysler and they said the console was bad and needed to be replaced at big $$.

I don't believe that since the lights work when you open the door and visor lights are out too independent of the console.  Does anyone have a wiring diagram of that area or have been in the headliner and seen the power connector?  I would attempt to reconnect it if I knew what area it was in, don't really want to pull the whole headliner.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Lou

epaca

• Driving Enthusiast
Re: Interior lights
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 07:25:10 PM »

service manual shows dome wire connector at left side "A" pillar.  2 connectors there.  Hope this helps.

squintter

• Test Driver
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 09:23:44 AM »

Has anyone found a solution to this problem.  It seems like a common issue after talking to a few people, but noone knows how to or how it was fixed.

PacLou

• Test Driver
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 09:40:13 PM »

Hi squintter,

No, didn't get much feedback or get it resolved.  I think that it is a connector that is loose under the headliner or the a-pillar but never found a wiring diagram or anybody that knew if there was a connector where I suspect.  If I could find what wires to run it into on the console unit I could just run continuos 12v in for the map and visor lights.

Lou

Update: Does anybody know how to take the A pillar cover off?

scottydl

• Global Moderator
  • Daily Commuter
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 07:48:42 AM »

Look for screws anywhere in the area, or pull gently outward on sections of the A-pillar to see if it seems like the piece is just held in by plastic clips.  It's usually one of those two on any make/model, and not too hard to remove.

An official Factory Service Manual for your model year may be something to consider buying, if you plan on investigating problems yourself in your Pacifica (as many of us do).

scottydl

• Global Moderator
  • Daily Commuter
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 08:09:38 AM »

I see now the A-pillar question was answered in this thread, for anyone else who may be wondering in the future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Google Ads

Quarter
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal